Saturday, March 12, 2011

Welcome

Any of you who have known me for more than a day have probably found out that I am awesome. In addtion to that, you have probably found out that I love to play poker. There is more to this madness than many of you know, however.

Poker isn't just a hobby, or something I do when I'm bored. For me it's a dream. A dream to build a better life for myself, and to help others along the way who are less fortunate than most of us. It's a dream to kick the status quo and create a more exciting path.

I created this blog to keep the coolest people in my life updated on my progress. I also created it for myself, to help put my thoughts and goals into words and to help keep everything in perspective. It's a work in progress, but hopefully you find it interesting and maybe even inspiring to chase a dream of your own that's occupying a space in the back of your mind.

I get a lot of satisfaction playing poker tournaments. It takes loads of skill, patience, focus and a bit of luck to win. Whether I win money or lose money, I always learn something about the game and myself every time I sit at the tables. Poker is a revealing game, you learn a lot about your character in a poker game. In poker, as in life, there are elements you cannot control. The only thing you can control is how you react to theses elements and how you choose to move forward.

I've been fortunate enough to have some success this early in my career. After a rocky 2010, more so just in life than in poker, 2011 has been off to a great start on all fronts. Life is great, and the tournament results have followed. I've won multiple tournaments this year, and have made several final tables. My best result of the year was a 7.4K score. I've had some close calls in very big tournaments but haven't quite got it done, but the elusive five and six figure cashes will come.

I will be at it tomorrow, hitting the Sunday tournament schedule harder than Charlie Sheen hits a hooker. For those who don't know, Sunday is the biggest poker day of the week. Many special tournaments referred to as the "Sunday Majors" are hosted online and offers the best chance at poker glory. March has started out on a bit of a downswing, so hopefully I will ride that out tomorrow.

On a less fortunate side note, tonight will be a low point in my life. This is not easy to talk about, but in the wake of defeat in a cycling related bet, I will be wearing a Canucks jersey to the Saddledome tonight. A game in which I had to buy tickets to. Hopefully this doesn't throw my game off too much on Sunday. Sean, you suck.

Thanks for reading.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment