Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another Glorious Sunday Without Pants On

Made my 2nd deep run in the $215 Sunday Million in a month, finishing 148th out of 9288 entrants today for over 1K in prize money. Before I set this blog up I went even deeper, finishing 46th for 3K. Although this weeks ended in a frustrating manner (getting it all-in preflop with 88 vs 66 and my oponent turning a 6), I'm happy with how I played. I had one "get lucky" spot early in the tournament where I flopped a set of 7's (three 7's) and my opponent had QQ and doubled me up. Other than that I played smart and got my chips in good for the 7 hours I lasted in the tournament. First prize was a mere 265K....yawn.

I played pretty good the whole day, cashing in several other tournaments but nothing quite worth bragging about. Profit is always good though. So is ice cream.

I just realized I never did clarify this for my readers who may not know, but the type of poker I usually play is called No Limit Hold Em' (NLHE). This is generally the type of poker you would see on TV. I also know how to play Pot Limit Omaha and 7-card Stud, but don't enter those types of tournaments very often. No Limit Hold Em' is definitely the most popular, and is where the big money is as far as tournaments go. So unless I specify otherwise, I'll be talking about NLHE tournaments. Actually I did make a few hundred dollars last month when I finished 2nd in a $10 Pot Limit Omaha tournament. That seemed like pretty serious moola considering it's not my strong game. Don't ask me how, but I managed to spend it all in one place despite the popular advice which urges against that. 

My glutes are also firming up nicely from my Buns of Steel videos, so that's good. Well, I better go press some pants for my day job tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment