Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nice guys finish....2nd?

Finished 2nd out of 276 entrants in an $80 tournament for just over 3.3K on this beautiful Tuesday night. Just when I thought March was a total bunk filled with close calls and disappointment, I managed to turn it around with a near victory. This after a brief session on Monday night that saw a few hundy go down the toilet in relatively quick fashion. So I'm pretty stoked with this result...patience, patience, patience.

This eases the pain a little bit after the weak showing my Hawks put in tonight, falling to the Bruins. Luckily I didn't place any wagers with Brett, but the texts I received were painful enough.

Not sure when my next session at the tables will be, I've grinded for three straight days now which is pretty tiring...but at least the efforts have paid off.

My day job proved to be quite exciting today. In a meeting there was somebody wearing a button up shirt covered in sailboats. Yes, sailboats. I spent the duration of the meeting attempting to count exactly how many sailboats the shirt wielded. Contrary to my efforts at the poker table, these efforts didn't pay quite the same dividends as I was unable to accurately report the number of sailboats on said shirt. I continuously lost track of which sailboats were already accounted for, not to mention the potential for hidden sailboats tucked into his pants, in the armpit area, and who knows where else. I can only say for sure that the shirt was in excess of 20 sailboats. That is my story.

Thanks for reading.
Josh

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for practicing your counting. I will continue to stalk the sailboat wearing ninja to procure a photo so that your followers can help you sum them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finish on 'Stars' Struky. I am somewhat troubled about being left hanging re: the official sailboat count, Hope to get an update.

    Dad aka 'DocStruky'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with DocStruky that more details are required on the sailboats. You do such a fine job of telling your poker tales that I am rarely left scratching my head for more details...but this sailboat thing. What kind of sailboats? Bluenose Schooners, ala Canadian Dime? Did you know that the Bluenose was a Canadian fishing and racing schooner from Nova Scotia built in 1921?

    Either way, nicely done! Nice finish to March! This bridesmaid finish was the lamb, and the rotten luck you had at the beginning of March was the lion! RAWR. Bahhhh.

    ReplyDelete