Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WCOOOOOP!

So it seemed as though the World Championship of Online Poker came and went as quickly as a Calgary chinook...bringing many joy and the rest headaches . I didn't play in very many of the 62 events hosted over the month of September, but here are my results in a nutshell. The good, the bad, and the ugly:

$215 [1.5M Gtd]                           6078th/8332 = $0 
$109 [wcoop 2nd chance]              398th/2298 = $0
$265 [turbo, 400K Gtd]                  2918th/3436 = $0
$320 [400K Gtd]                           1105th/2080 = $0
$215 [wcoop 2nd chance]              13th/605 = $1,330
$82   [Rebuy, Main Event satellite]   Tied 1st/468 =  $5,200 main event seat
$5,200 [Main Event, 5M Gtd]           67th/1627 = $20,338

Although my attempt at WCOOP glory got off to a rather sluggish start, it ended fairly well by scoring my biggest cash to date in the main event. It's a long and grueling event which definitely pushes patience to the max, but I had a ton of fun. There were a few times where some tough decisions turned bad and nearly led me to elimination before we were in the money, but each time I managed to stay patient and claw my way back into the tournament like a hungry stray cat. My experience in events of this magnitude are very limited so this was really good experience and gives me the confidence that I can contend in any poker tournament.

There were so many interesting hands and situations throughout the tournament that I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm not much for words at the moment, so let's just assume for the purpose of keeping the post short that I played every hand perfect and awesome (except for the very last one, which obviously knocked me out).


Cheers
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment