Friday, June 10, 2011

Poker Tidbit Series

I've had a few requests to talk more about poker strategy, so I decided to start putting together a series of tournament poker tips to help out the beginner to average player. I'll try post about one or two per week, in addition to random progress updates and amusing life stories. Here are the exciting tidbits I plan to write about:

1. Importance of Position
2. Starting Hands and The Gap Concept
3. Pot Odds, Implied Odds
4. Flop Texture, C-betting, and Pot Control
5. The Float (sorry, not the kind with ice cream)
6. Daddy, does everybody have an 'M'? (Stack sizes and fold equity)
7. The Squeeze Play
8. Table Image and Labeling Your Opponents
9. Abusing the Bubble
10. End Game/Final Tables (not that mine is the best yet, but I'll try)

So, if poker interests you at all you will probably find these topics interesting and helpful to crush your buddies next time you find yourself in a home game or tournament. If poker does not interest you, than you can close my blog and go back to knitting slippers and I will not hold it against you :)

Stay tuned next week for what I feel is the most important fundamental concept in building a solid foundation to your poker game: position.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment