Monday, April 11, 2011

Take that, Monday!

So I was back throwing the virtual cards around Monday night after almost a week off. I spent much of my weekend glued to the Masters which was glorious. My boy Tiger made a Sunday charge but it wasn't quite enough. I wasn't a total sloth though, I managed to put pants on a few times and workout, take in old man Kruger's 35th (WHOA!) birthday dinner as well as some live music+beers (ok maybe even a martini) at Sam's Saturday night with Katy. Little did we know our night would end with us nearly being farted on. Short story shorter, we stopped briefly outside to say bye to someone on our way out, when a lurky smoker with his back to us practically massacred a group of ducks, and was definitely more surprised than we were at this sudden turn of events. Needless to say, it was worth a laugh. We walked a few steps down the street and I asked Katy if she remembered that time we were almost farted on. She did remember, so we reminisced and it was fun. Oh, lets not forget about my Blackhawks squeezing their way into the playoffs after a season finish that was way too close for comfort. Bring it on Canucks! After a weekend that solid I figured Monday would be tough to tackle, turns out that wasn't the case.

The day started with my first cycle commute of the season in some beautifully crisp weather this morning. Although the winter had softened my tailbone and made for a bit of a painful ride, it was still far better than being herded slowly down Crowchild like a bunch of horny sheep. When I got home I checked the mail and my tax return arrived. Neat. Then I was able to fix my front brake on Jake which had me stumped last night. Also neat. Then I found out I would be getting my replacement laundry card tomorrow, after finally giving up on my old one that probably decided to elope 2 weeks ago with the popcorn maker I swore I had (but recently found out I in fact do not). So as of tomorrow night I will no longer be two weeks behind on laundry and will be back up to my first string underwear lineup. Good to know, yes? Well I digress, after stretching and showering I saddled up a few poker tournaments. Made a good run in the $109 turbo that drew 547 entrants. I placed 3rd taking in a little over 5.5K. My other tournaments crashed and burned like Rory McIlroy on Masters Sunday, but it's tough to be disappointed with one sick run out of four. I went out with AK vs. A9 all in pre-flop. It was pretty standard getting it in with those hands when 3-handed. It was unpleasant that he spiked a 9 on the flop, but my good hands held all tournament so it's tough to complain. That 9 he spiked was worth an addition 2K for him after eliminating me, and first was another 2.5K on top of that. Pretty sick pay steps at the end of MTT's, but you can't always think of "what coulda been" or you'll eventually go off the deep end. I am donating 10% of these earnings to the Red Cross in Japan, through PokerStars. PokerStars matches all donations to the relief effort so figured this was a great way to chip in.

As for the rest of the week, I'm not sure what it will bring yet. Maybe one more session of cards during the week and then possibly tackle a Sunday session.

I win this week, Monday. But we will meet again.

Thanks for reading.
Josh

1 comment:

  1. Ye who are farted upon, deserve the aforementioned fart dealt upon you. Obtain your P.Eng. before going on the Las Vegas circuit you big "hotshot". That said, all the best of luck to you, knowing you have the "luck of the cards" and the "skill" in your favour. I have dealt those farts upon you, when you were deserved of them. Winner, winner, chicken dinner...oops wrong card game...I apologize...I'm from Manitoba.
    Uncie Herb

    ReplyDelete